BSB50620 Diploma of Marketing and Communication
CRICOS Course Code: 106849C
The Diploma of Marketing and Communication is a nationally recognised qualification.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use a sound theoretical knowledge base in marketing and communication and who demonstrate a range of skills to ensure that functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area. Typically, the individuals would have responsibility for the work of other staff and lead teams.
This qualification applies to individuals in full-time marketing roles, as well as those who are responsible for an organisation’s marketing in addition to other duties.
Training is conducted Blended face-to-face and online, 20 hours per week 70% classroom environment and 30% online (Moodle).
10 hours each week of self-study and assessment research is recommended during term time.
Sessions are trainer-led in-group sizes of up to 30 participants. The training program is undertaken using a planned schedule in accordance with national standards.
The Diploma of Marketing and Communication is intended to prepare students or recognise and develop existing workers who are performing a range of administrative based roles in a business environment.
Graduates at this level will have theoretical and practical knowledge and skills for specialised and/or skilled work and/or further learning.
This qualification is transferrable across many industries, as it teaches transferrable business skills.
Employment outcomes targeted by this qualification include:
|Customer service advisor||E-Business Practitioner|
|General clerk||Student services officer|
|Typist||Word processing operator|
Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
Have completed the following units (or equivalent competencies): BSBCMM411 Make presentations; BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas; BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities; BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour; BSBMKG439 Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry, and BSBWRT411 Write complex documents. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to these units, which have been mapped as equivalent.
Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
The Course Facts
Duration: 40 weeks plus 12 weeks of breaks (One Year)
20 hrs of learning per week.
70% classroom environment and 30% online(Moodle)
Sydney Location: Level 2 & 4
The course will be delivered in four terms over a one-year period.
The 2022 term dates are:
|Term 1||03 January – 13 March 2022|
|Term 2||04 April – 12 June 2022|
|Term 3||04 July – 11 September 2022|
|Term 4||03 October – 11 December 2022|
The following identifies each term and the units of competency to be delivered:
- BSBMKG543 – Plan and interpret market research
- BSBMKG552 -Design and develop marketing communication plans
- BSBPMG430 -Undertake project work
- BSBMKG541 -Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG541-Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG542-Establish and monitor the marketing mix
- BSBMKG555-Write persuasive copy
- BSBMKG551-Create multiplatform advertisements for mass media
- BSBMKG551- Create multiplatform advertisements for mass media
- BSBMKG545 -Conduct marketing audit
- BSBFIN501-Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBOPS505- Manage organisational customer service
- BSBOPS505-Manage organisational customer service
- BSBMKG550-Promote products and services to international markets
- BSBOPS504- Manage business risk