BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business
CRICOS Course Code: 106845G
The Certificate IV in Business is a nationally recognised qualification. This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. These individuals may have supervisory performance accountability.
Individuals in these roles carry out a mix of specialist and moderately complex administrative or operational tasks that require self-development skills. They use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyses information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
Training is conducted Blended face-to-face and online, 20 hours per week 70% classroom environment and 30% online (Moodle).
Ten hours each week of self-study and assessment research is recommended during term time.
Sessions are trainer-led in-group sizes of up to 30 participants. The training program is undertaken using a planned schedule in accordance with national standards.
The Certificate IV in Business is intended to prepare students or recognise and develop existing workers who are performing a range of administrative based roles in a business environment.
Graduates at this level will have theoretical and practical knowledge and skills for specialised and/or skilled work and/or further learning.
This qualification is transferable across many industries, as it teaches transferable business skills.
Employment outcomes targeted by this qualification include:
|Customer service advisor||E-Business Practitioner|
|General clerk||Student services officer|
|Personal Assistant||Word processing operator|
|Administration Manager||Team Leader|
The Course Facts
Duration: 40 weeks plus 12 weeks of breaks (One Year)
20 hrs of learning per week.
70% face to face classroom environment and 30% online (Moodle)
Sydney Location: Level 2 & 4
The course will be delivered in four terms over a one-year period.
The 2022 term dates are:
|Term 1||03 January – 13 March 2022|
|Term 2||04 April – 12 June 2022|
|Term 3||04 July – 11 September 2022|
|Term 4||03 October – 11 December 2022|
The following identifies each term and the units of competency to be delivered:
- BSBINS401-Analyse and present research information
- BSBWRT411-Write complex documents
- BSBHRM413-Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
- BSBTWK401-Build and maintain business relationships
- BSBCMM411-Make a presentation
- BSBWHS411-Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBPEF402-Develop personal work priorities
- BSBOPS405-Organise business meetings
- BSBTEC404-Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBCRT411-Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBPEF401-Manage personal health and well being
- BSBXCM401-Apply communication strategies in the workplace